Do you Need Indian Passport Urgently?
Tatkal passport service is an expedite passport issuance program started by the Government of India to facilitate and issue a passport quicker than the normal procedure. These are also known as expedited passports or emergency passports. The Tatkaal passport is available for issue or re-issue of Indian passport. Important facts to know about Tatkaal Passports:
- Tatkaal passport usually takes 1-3 days for processing.
- Tatkaal passports are granted for genuine emergencies only like death in a family or serious illness of a blood relative. Reasons related to travel plans will not be considered as reason for emergency passport.
- Tatkaal applications are not accepted by post. You have to appear in person and convince a consular officer about the nature of emergency.
- Tatkaal Passport Service is not available for expired passports and expired visa status.
- It is available for Re-issue of passport for minor child and adults, lost, damaged or stolen passports, change of address, correction of spilling of name, correction of parents name, addition of spouse's name after marriage, change of date and place of birth, and deletion of spouse name.
- Tatkaal Service for Indian Passport is not available through Consulate General of India, Atlanta. Applicants in the jurisdiction of Atlanta can apply through Embassy of India, Washington.
- The application submission time is 10.00 am -12 pm.
Documents Required for Tatkal Passport:
Regular documents required for applying Tatkal Passport are:
- BLS Order Form
- Online Application Form
- Filled and signed Checklist
- Original Passport
- Nationality Verification Form
- 3 recent passport-sized color photographs. 8 in case the passport has expired for more than 3 years.
- Photocopy of the first 5 and last 2 pages of the passport.
- Notarized photocopy of valid visa
- Notarized photocopy of the applicant's proof of residence.
You have to apply in person for Tatkal. The documents and process required for Tatkaal is the same for regular passport. A few additional important documents are required:
- A letter requesting the application to be considered under Tatkal and explaining the nature of Emergency. The letter has to be addressed to the Embassy/ Consulate General of India.
- You can send some information in advance to the application center before your appointment. This will increase your chances of qualifying for Tatkal.
- Name of applicant
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Place of issue
- Date of Issue
- Date of expiry
- Visa Status
- Reason for Applying for Tatkal Service
Tatkal Passport Processing Fees
Below is the fee structure and total depending on the type of Tatkal service availed. The fee is subject to change without prior notice:
|Service Type||Booklet||Consular Fee||ICWF fee||BLSÂ Service charge||Total|
| Re-issue of Passport after 10 years
Change of Address
Correction of Spelling of Name
Correction of Parents Name
Addition of Spouse Name after Marriage
Change of Date and Place of Birth
Deletion of Spouse Name
|Ordinary booklet - 36 pages
Jumbo Booklet - 60 pages
|Lost, Damaged or Stolen||Ordinary booklet - 36 pages
Jumbo Booklet - 60 pages
|Application Fees Child below 14 years||$200.00||$3.00||$13.20||$216.20|
|Application Fees Child above 14 years||$225.00||$3.00||$13.20||$241.20|