Chat Forums :: Topic: The Rams have added linebacker Clay Matthews. (1/1)

Home / Forum / Main Forum / General / The Rams have added linebacker Clay Matthews.

TOPIC: The Rams have added linebacker Clay Matthews.

The Rams have added linebacker Clay Matthews. 2 weeks 1 day ago #123234

• zhangzk
  • Premium Member
Most assume that he’ll be playing outside linebacker exclusively. That apparently won’t be the case.“Early in my career Clelin Ferrell Jersey , I was predominately an edge rusher and have had success doing that,” Matthews said at his introductory press conference. “Then you saw, kind of in the middle of my career, switching to the inside because of necessity or whatever the reason was for. I thought I excelled at both positions. I thought when you allow me to play in space and you allow me to go play sideline-to-sideline and downhill, good things are going to happen. I expect it to be the same here. I expect my position to be fluid. I’ll have a variety of roles. I think the most important thing . . . is just pressing the quarterback, making him make bad decisions and keeping the heat and keeping the pressure on him.”Matthews had 23.5 sacks in his first two seasons. Last year, he had a career-low 3.5. Can Matthews can get back to the form of his younger days?“Absolutely http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-josh-jacobs-jersey ,” Matthews said. “I know I have the ability to produce like I’ve done before. Not to make excuses, but there was some change last year in the Packers organization and unfortunately, it didn’t work out for me. As far as moving forward, I know I’m a difference maker. I know I can change games and I look forward to doing that and proving that and showing to everybody here — you guys, the fans — that what you saw for these past 10 years is what you’ll get for the next two.”If that happens, the Rams could be every bit as good in 2019 as they were in 2018. Maybe even better. The Ravens said goodbye to several veteran defensive players this offseason, which leaves outside linebacker Matthew Judon as one of the longest-tenured members of the unit.Judon is only heading into his fourth season Johnathan Abram Jersey , so it’s a new role for him. It’s one he’d like to grow into over time.Judon’s contract is up after this season and he said on Thursday that he’d like to stick around Baltimore for years to come.“I have no clue what the future holds,” Judon said, via PennLive.com. “Hopefully, I’ll be here forever and ever. But, like this offseason, we never know. . . . I feel at home. I don’t know how other organizations are, because I was drafted here http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-trayvon-mullen-jersey , but here I feel home. It’s comfortable out here. I almost drive to work with my eyes closed, and I love the people here, the culture here.”In addition to his new role as a relative elder, Judon is also going into his first season as the team’s top pass rusher. Terrell Suggs and Za'Darius Smith left as free agents, which offers Judon a big chance to build on the 19 sacks he had over his first three seasons.Should he do that, it seems unlikely that the Ravens are going to be in a hurry to let him head elsewhere in 2020.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds