Chat Forums :: Topic: Playing professional sports was always a dream (1/1)

Home / Forum / Main Forum / General / Playing professional sports was always a dream

TOPIC: Playing professional sports was always a dream

Playing professional sports was always a dream 1 month 3 days ago #123202

• zhangzk
  • Premium Member
The Lions released veteran safety Glover Quin this offseason http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/darius-slayton-jersey , and he’s decided to not look for another team.According to Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com, Quin has chosen to retire after 10 seasons.“ Football was the route I chose and God blessed me to be able to persevere through all the hardships and play 10 years in the NFL,” Quin said. “I’m so thankful for the opportunity I had to play in the NFL with such great players and two great organizations.“Football was never who I was as a person. It was always what I had done. I wanted to use football as a stepping stone into the rest of my life and not let football be my life. I always only wanted to play 10 years. Said if I was able to walk off the field after the last game in Year 10, it would be really hard for me to walk back on. I’m young, I’m healthy and I got a lot of life to live. So I’m walking away from the game of football.”Quin Quinnen Williams Jersey , 33, started every game over the last six seasons with the Lions, leading the league in interceptions and earning All-Pro honors in 2014. NFL contract extensions can be viewed in two ways. Some look at the value of the new dollars attributed to the new years, ignoring whatever the player was due to make over the remainder of his prior commitment. Others look at the new contract for what it is — a brand new contract that replaces the old one. Some look at both.For Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, the contract has a value from signing (per Ian Rapoport of NFL Media) of five years and $157 million. That’s an average at signing of $31.4 million per year.Setting aside the $17 million that Wilson would have made in 2019 http://www.newyorkjetsteamonline.com/jachai-polite-jersey , the last year of his prior contract, the new money consists of $140 million over four years, which equates to a new-money average of $35 million per year.The deal also reportedly includes a $65 million signing bonus and $107 million in total guarantees. As often is the case, the full guarantee at signing hasn’t leaked yet, since it will be lower than $107 million — and since many will in the interim see the report of $107 million in guarantees and erroneously conclude that this means the $107 million is fully guaranteed.This conventional sleight of hand regarding the reporting of the deal meshes with the conventional structure of the deal. For all the huffing and puffing about a contract tied to inevitable increases in the salary cap Chuma Edoga Jersey , Wilson eventually accepted a very large bird in the hand, choosing the certainty of $31.4 million over the next five years.Last last night, we heard that the deal, if it were done, would entail huge numbers but no funky structures http://www.newyorkjetsteamonline.com/trevon-wesco-jersey , and that’s exactly what happened. It will now be left for another player on another team to take the Kirk Cousins franchise-tag dance to the next level; for Wilson, it was enough to convince the Seahawks that he was serious about doing that, if he didn’t become the highest-paid player in NFL history.And now he is. At least for a year or two.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.545 seconds