Chat Forums :: Topic: The Texas Rangers sent rookie left-hander (1/1)

Home / Forum / Main Forum / General / The Texas Rangers sent rookie left-hander

TOPIC: The Texas Rangers sent rookie left-hander

The Texas Rangers sent rookie left-hander 5 days 2 hours ago #122838

• zhangzk
Mendez was supposed to start Wednesday’s series finale against Kansas City. But right-hander Austin Bibens-Dirkx will get the ball instead.

”It’s not criminal Josh Allen Jersey , nothing involving MLB or the police,” general manager Jon Daniels said. ”There will be a program that we’ll work with Yohander on.”

Daniels said at least one other player was involved, but his discipline will be handled in-house.

Second baseman Rougned Odor was scratched from Texas’ lineup for Tuesday’s game against the Royals http://www.thejaguarsfootballauthentic.com/jawaan-taylor-jersey-authentic , but manager Jeff Banister refused to comment on if the benching was related to the incident with Mendez, which took place after Monday night’s 6-3 victory at Kansas City and away from Kauffman Stadium.

Banister said Mendez will have to merit a return to the majors.

”Part of the development of where we are as a club is upholding a certain level of standards for veterans and young players alike,” Daniels said. ”Part of the development process of young players is on the maturity side as well. I’d say that’s kind of where this one falls.”

The 23-year-old Mendez is 0-1 with a 14.73 ERA in two games with the Rangers this season. He made his first major league start Friday against Colorado and was tagged for six runs and seven hits over three innings in a 9-5 loss.

The Valencia T.J. Hockenson Jersey , Venezuela native broke into the majors in 2016. He is 0-2 with a 9.00 ERA in 11 career outings.

Bibens-Dirkx was recalled from Round Rock to replace Mendez. He made two starts for Texas earlier this season, going 0-1 with a 6.55 ERA.

”The rest of it I don’t have any comment,” Banister said. ”My messaging to the team is what I say to them as a group. I don’t always need my messaging to come out in print. We are a team. There are things that happened inside the team concept. We’ll continue to put the team first in these types of situations. There are standards we want to live by every day and we want to make sure those standards are held in high regard.”

The Oakland Raiders have released former starting cornerback David Amerson in the first significant move since Jon Gruden took over as coach last month.

The Raiders announced the move to cut ties with Amerson on Monday before his $5.5 million salary for 2018 would have been fully guaranteed later this week.

Amerson was a revelation after being claimed off waivers from Washington by the Raiders early in the 2015 season. Amerson started 14 games for Oakland that year and set a franchise record with 26 passes defensed and added a career-high four interceptions.

That play earned Amerson a four-year contract extension the following summer worth up to $38 million Jahlani Tavai Jersey , but he never played to the level of that deal.

Amerson’s play regressed in 2016 and he struggled mightily this past season as part of a secondary that became the first to fail to record any interceptions in the first 10 games of the season in NFL history.

Amerson played only seven games before being sidelined by a foot injury for the rest of 2017. He allowed opponents to catch 23 of 31 passes thrown into his coverage area for 391 yards and four touchdowns. The 155.6 passer rating when targeting Amerson was the highest against any defender targeted at least 20 times, according to SportRadar.

Amerson was originally a second-round pick by Washington in 2013. He has eight interceptions and 63 passes defensed in 68 career games.

The Raiders still must make a decision on cornerback Sean Smith, who is owed $8.5 million for 2018 and might not be back. T.J. Carrie Will Harris Jersey , who was the team’s most effective cornerback this past season, is eligible to be an unrestricted free agent next month.

Oakland is counting on 2017 first-round pick Gareon Conley to be the starter next season at one cornerback spot. He played just two games as a rookie because of injuries.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds